How To Play Basketball Between Two People
As you probably know by now, basketball is a game that is played by a number of people, although there are various combinations of how to play the game for example a “one on one”game is usually a variation of basketball that uses half of the basketball court. It is played by two people the aim of the game is to score points totaling to 21 faster than your opponent can. There are usually relaxed rules in this form of the game because it is mostly used to improve one’s individual talents and abilities of dribbling and shooting the ball while under pressure.
Another popular basketball variation is three on three basketball. This also uses half of the main basketball court and is as the name prescribes between three players per side. It is also more of a street game, so there is usually no referee and it is a no holds barred game as you try to score faster than your opponents to a preset score like 21 or one of your choosing as long as it is an odd number. However in competitive games like the olympics, a referee may be required to keep the insanity levels down
Other combinations of two player games within a full basketball match up is;
- The Give and go; “Give and Go” is an offensive play that involves passing the ball (give) and then running (go) to an open spot for somebody to receive the ball and then give it back to the person who passed the basket ball first when he/she is usually near the basket, for an easy score. This play can be effective when the defender pays too much attention to the ball instead of the player who moves after passing the ball. This is also known as a “One-Two” in street ball.
- The Pick and roll; The “Pick and Roll” is an offensive play where a player stops to screen (block) a defender for the teammate handling the ball and then slips behind the defender to accept a pass as the handler makes a move towards the basket. In the NBA, John Stockton and Karl Malone of the Utah Jazz are the quintessential pick and roll tandem and used this play to great effect in the 1990s. Steve Nash and Amar’e Stoudemire when playing for the Phoenix Suns proved to be extremely effective at the pick and roll throughout the 2000s. Tony Parker and Tim Duncan of The San Antonio Spurs and Dwight Howard and Hedo Türkoğlu of the Orlando Magic are currently among the best pick and roll tandems.
From the initial position of the pick and roll maneuver, the player who receives the ball has many different options as to whether he/she passes it, or fakes and then goes for a jump shot.
- Backdoor; A backdoor play is when a player without the ball gets behind the defense and receives a pass for an easy score. This can be executed if the defenders are unaware of the open space behind them. Also, when a defender strongly commits on defense (e.g. tries to steal or deny a pass), they are vulnerable to a backdoor play. This play is most notably used by good shooters like Ray Allen of the Miami Heat or Rip Hamilton of the Chicago Bulls.
- Alley-oop; An alley-oop is an offensive play which involves one teammate lofting the ball up near the rim in anticipation of another teammate jumping up to catch and dunk it. Because this move requires both teammates to know what the other is thinking, the alley-oop is a rare but exciting play.
How To Play Basketball Secrets Exposed
How To Play Basketball Blog; Welcome to this basketball blog where i will venture to keep you informed on how to play basketball effectively and also various basketball rules so that you can improve your skills and techniques in the game and also be your own NBA champion wherever you are. If you have not read about me, then i advice you to read the short profile that i have put up at the top right corner of this blog. I hope that you will not only read the articles that i have written and watch the informative videos that go to show you step by step how you can perform the… Click here to read more | 2 Comments
More Basketball Fundamentals
I am still covering some of the basic basketball fundamentals that you need to know about. I want to talk about things like layups and other techniques such as the tear drop.
- Layups in basketball; A layup is usually a two point attempt made by leaping from below, laying the ball up near the basket, and using one hand to tip the ball over the rim and into the basket (laying) or to bank it off the backboard and into the basket (layup). This motion which involves a one-handed reach distinguish it from a jump shot. The layup is considered the most basic shot in basketball.An undefended layup usually makes up a high percentage shot. The main obstacle is getting near the rim and
Static Stretches And How They Should Be Done
Static stretches are very important to do before a workout, more so in this case, a vertical jump exercise. I had started to explain a little bit more about static stretches in my previous post, so if you did not read it or missed out, click here to see it.
Today, i want to focus on the list of static stretches that are available for you to do under my recommendation;
1. Psoas Stretch; This is a vital type of stretch that targets the psoas. Stretching the psoas lessens resistance during hip extension (a vertical jump movement). This is how you can do it properly.
- Assume the lunge position… Click here to read more
Here Is All You Need To Know About The Basketball Freethrow
Free throws or foul shots in the game of basketball are unopposed attempts to score points from a restricted area on the court (the free throw line is also informally referred to as the foul line), and are generally awarded after a foul on the shooter by the opposing team. Each successful free throw is worth one point.
Kobe Bryant is one of the players who is known to have a high rate of percentage of making free throw shots. This means that he makes over 90% of his free throws in an NBA league season. Most of the other NBA players have an average of between 70–80% success rate with their free throws. Some of the other… Click here to read more
The Intrigues Of Dribbling In Basketball
Dribbling in basketball is bouncing the ball continuously in one hand without ever holding the ball with two hands. It is required during the game before a player attempts to shoot the ball at the rim or pass it to a teammate..
Here are some basketball moves that you can perform while dribbling;
- Crossover Dribble; In a crossover dribble, you change the ball from one hand to the other using one dribble when handling the basketball.This means that you bounce the ball in front of your legs in one sweep motion as illustrated in the picture below. This technique is a fundamental dribbling technique in basketball that is used to keep the ball in the hand furthest from the defender
How To Play Basketball Using 3 Cool Triple Threat Moves
Hello there! Today i want to cover more moves you can use to play basketball. These will be triple threat moves that are usually employed during the game.
So what is Triple Threat?
This is the position a player finds himself/herself facing a defender after receiving a pass but has not yet dribbled. The offensive player’s feet are slightly wider than shoulder width and slightly on the balls of his feet, his knees flexed, with both hands on the basketball in front of him or almost resting on his thigh, presenting the defender with an opponent able to move in any direction. One foot is held as the pivot and the other slightly ahead. From this, the player… Click here to read more
Exercises To Increase Vertical Jump
There are various exercises to increase vertical jump that you can implement to improve your basketball, volleyball or netball game performance. It is however very important that before you embark on any of these workouts, you ensure that your muscles are all warmed up well and prepared for them.
- Foam rolling; One such important vertical jump workout is the use of foam rolling. You can get more details about how you can perform it effectively by clicking here.
- Glute Activation; Glute activation involves you in-cooperating dynamic movements that activate your muscle movements through the same range of motion that you may use in basketball or even netball. This type of exercise primes up the vascular system which in turns allows for
Basketball – I Love This Game!
Basketball; Basketball is a marvelous game that involves 5 people playing against each other. By that i mean that a team of 5 people play against another team of 5 people. It is also one of the most popular games in the world. The main objective of this game is to shoot a ball into a hoop that is 18 inches or 46 centimeters in diameter and 3 meters high or 10 feet high that is mounted to a backboard at each end of the basketball court.
The game has grown in leaps and bounds since it was first discovered in early December 1891 by Dr. James Naismith. Nowadays there are many… Click here to read more
Here Are Basketball Post Moves That You Should Be Unleashing On The Court
Today i want to share more basketball skills that will incorporate Basketball post moves that you should be unleashing on the court.
So What does a “post up” mean ?
To “post up” is to get a position in the low post which is the area near the basket below the foul line. This is usually done in order to take advantage of a smaller defender. The offensive player usually faces away from the basket, so that his body can protect the ball from the defender. From this position, various options such as spinning or backing down the defender to close in to the basket for better scoring opportunities become available to him.
There… Click here to read more